Ortho-K Fitting Schedule
A series of appointments will be required to complete Ortho – K lens fitting. We have described the typical fitting schedule below.
- Pre-assessment – Refraction, discussion and topography.
- Lens collection – Checking the ortho-k lenses prior to commencing lens wear. Teach on how to insert and remove the contact lenses. Approximately 1 hour required.
Lens payment and organise direct debit and sign consent form.
- Next Day – Return the next morning the wearing lenses.
We will assess your eyes, the contact lenses and your vision.
You can expect up to a 50% reduction to your prescription over the first night’s wear. (30 Mins).
- 1 Week Later – Early morning appointment without lenses in.
We may organise a top up pair of specs if required. (20mins).
- 2 / 3 Weeks Later – A.M appointment. At this point the lens may have to be later altered to refine your vision. (20 mins).
- 4 Weeks Later (if required) – P.M. appointment. (15mins).
- 6 Months on – from lens collection, to check on lenses condition and vision.
- 12 Months on – from lens collection, a pair of lenses will be supplied. This has been paid by your Direct Debit.
Remember you may experience some glare with lights in the evening initially for the first 4-6 weeks, while the ortho-k effect develops and stabilises.